Spice Up Your Restaurant With Ewa Agoyin
Ewa Agoyin is a delight to the Nigerian populace, and because of its special local flavour, a lot of people will go for it any day, anytime.
Ewa Agoyin is a delight to the Nigerian populace, and because of its special local flavour, a lot of people will go for it any day, anytime.You can spice up your restaurant by adding Ewa Agoyin to your menu.
Saying that Ewa Agoyin has captured the heart of every Lagosian would not be an exaggeration. It derives its popularity from its muddy texture and special sauce.
Check Out: Being a Waiter in Nigeria 101
It is a meal arguably loved by all, the poor, the middle class, and the rich. It is affordable but unique; a perfect escape for the boring Nigerian methods of preparing beans. According to its lovers, even people, who did not like beans professed love for Ewa Agoyin. The meal was introduced into the Nigerians’ diet by the Agoyin people. Thus, it originated from Togo and Cotonou. It can be combined with yam, plantain or Agege Bread.
Benefits of adding Ewa Agoyin to your Menu
- Increase in sales
- Its unique and inviting flavour
- Most people in sophisticated neighbourhoods do not have access to the local taste
- People who visit your restaurant just to taste Ewa Agoyin may fall in love with your services and other dishes.
- You spend less to prepare, and you make more profit
- Your services appeal to a new set of audience
- You can redefine what beans is, and offer it in a better form to your clients.
How to prepare Ewa Agoyin
The major tips for achieving the authentic Ewa Agoyin sauce taste are using the right peppers; using enough palm oil, and bleaching your palm oil as appropriate.
Also Read: How to Get a Job In Nigeria 2018
The peppers used for Ewa Agonyin sauce are dried bell peppers, Cameroon peppers and dried pepper seeds which are dried seeds of red chilli peppers. Tomatoes are a No, No! Also, using fresh peppers won’t produce the authentic Ewa Agoyin sauce taste.
These are easy to find in Asian stores; they are called “Crushed Red Chillies or Red Pepper Flakes”.
Ingredients For Ewa Agoyin
2 cups of beans
1 large onion
1 cup palm oil
Dried Pepper seeds
1 medium onion
1 tsp salt
Ewa Agoyin Beans
Cook the beans till done. For Ewa Agoyin, the beans needs to be very soft.
Note: If you have a pressure cooker, beans is one of the staple foods you will want to use it for. It considerably reduces the cooking time.
When the beans is done, add salt, leave to dry up all the water and set aside.
ALSO READ: The Wheatbaker Hotel Review
Ewa Agoyin Sauce
- To prepare the sauce, pour the palm oil into a separate dry pot. Allow to heat for a while.
- Get a local vendor to grind the pepper seed for you (preferably in the market).
- Make a paste with the grounded dry pepper
- Add the pepper to the heated oil, and leave for 10 minutes
- Add onion slices to your sauce.
- Serve by dishing the beans into a plate, and scoop some Agoyin stew on it